15 May is Global Accessibility Awareness Day. There is a full 24 hours of useful talks from leading accessibility advocates – #GAAD or #ID24 on Twitter.
What is Accessify Wiki?
- It is a Wiki where you can write accessibility and usability fixes;
- It is an open community, where you can take action to improve the Web for all;
- And, it allows site owners to get a head-start with accessibility;
What it isn't
- Accessify Wiki is not a panacea -- it is not a way to fix all accessibility problems;
- It is not a long-term solution to accessibility for a site -- it does not let businesses off the hook;
Start creating accessibility fixes for a site or part of a site:
Here are some pages to get us started:
- How it works
- Accessify Wiki proposal
- Tools for site owners
- Fix:Google search
- The template to get you started writing fixes
- Accessify-wiki code on GitHub
Other useful links:
Photos and videos are a great way to add visuals to your wiki. Find videos about your topic by exploring Wikia's Video Library.